Solel Spring Feasts 2021
Important: Our congregation follows the sighting of the new moon from Jerusalem to determine our feast dates. We received the report from Israel, and want to shout out a happy new year to you all.
What an exciting new year it is shaping up to be! For the past 24 hours, those of us in America have been excitedly awaiting an announcement telling us if the barley was sufficiently aviv so that the new year could be called. The first announcements were a bit uncertain, so our elders contacted experienced and wise believers from all over the world, to get counsel on what should be done. We are thankful that the advice given was all unanimous in agreement — yes, we should start the new year!
This wasn’t what anyone expected, but in Whose Hands are the seasons, the temperatures in Israel, the coming of spring time, and even when a new moon can be seen? Our Creator’s, of course!
So with excitement and joy, we share the dates that we will be observing the Spring Feasts:
- Passover (Sunday evening, March 28, 2021)
- First Day of Unleavened Bread (Sunday sunset, March 28, to Monday sunset, March 29) — This is a Sabbath from ordinary work, but you may cook and clean as is needed to celebrate the feast day (Exodus 12:16; Leviticus 23:4-8).
- Last Day of Unleavened Bread (Saturday sunset, April 3, to Sunday sunset, April 4) — This is also a Sabbath from ordinary work.
Leaven (yeast) needs to be cleaned out from our homes before sunset, March 28, and unleavened bread is to be eaten daily from Passover through April 4. (See Exodus 12:14-16.)
- The Feast of First Fruits and the Remembrance of the Resurrection of Yeshua our Messiah will also be celebrated on the first day of the week (Sunday), April 4. This day will begin the 50-day counting of the omer until Shavuot (Feast of Weeks, or Pentecost), which will be celebrated Sunday, May 23. (See Leviticus 23:9-16.)
For more information on the biblical feasts, download our free e-book at https://solelsabbathfellowship.com/category/downloads.
Download a printable calendar for the first biblical month at https://aroodawakening.tv/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Aviv-6021-1st-Month-2021.pdf
Katie Hirn has created great resources that you can share:
For more information on this month’s new-moon sighting, visit https://mailchi.mp/c4d92a47e3ba/new-moon-report-march-14-2021?e=c6c3d18ba6.
For more information on this year’s aviv search to declare the new year, visit:
- Sign up for our email newsletter list (below) so that we can let you know if we need to change plans.
- If you’d like to learn more about the biblical feasts, you can download our free ebook here!
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you!