This is Kraig, and I want to thank you all for your prayers during this unique and difficult times. As we desire consistency and normalcy in our lives, we are thankful to know that we are lifting each other before YHVH and praying for one another as we “work out our salvation with fear and trembling during this time.” Now I do not mean a fear of COVID-19, but of our Father and His desire for our consistent faith and growing walk as we seek to walk in the way our master, Yeshua, God’s son. I was writing an email when the following Scripture from Colossians 1:3-14 came to mind among many others:
“We give thanks to the God and Father of our Master Yeshua the Messiah, praying always for you, 4 since we heard of your faith in Messiah Yeshua and of your love for all the saints; 5 because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel, 6 which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as it is also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth; 7 as you also learned from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Messiah on your behalf, 8 who also declared to us your love in the Spirit.
9 For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that you may walk worthy of the Master, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.”
From this passage we see the following:
- We are to have faith in YHVH based upon hope. That hope is the knowledge of where are future destiny lies. It is in the kingdom of our master, Yeshua.
- We have the truth of the Gospel. In these times of the spread of misinformation, half-truths, and agenda-charged rhetoric, we need to “hold fast to the faithful word.” We must be in the Word regularly and stand by its promises. Doing so will keep us in a right relationship with YHVH and away from fear. The “grace of God in truth” will lead us in “paths of righteousness.”
- We do not cease to pray for one another. Pray that each of us will be filled with the knowledge of His will, that we may walk worthy of our Master being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of YHVH.
- We may be strengthened, in physical health, but more importantly in our spiritual health. This strengthening is given us that we may have patience and longsuffering with the circumstances of our society during these times with all joy.
- We are to give thanks. If the whole world breaks down around us, we can give thanks for the truth that we are delivered “…from the power of darkness and conveyed into the kingdom of the Son of His love.” The knowledge and hope of our future entrance into His kingdom should “cast out fear” because His perfect love. I John 4:17-18 states, “Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.” Perfect love is the Father giving of His son. When we place our faith in Yeshua and His future return to establish His kingdom, we “put on” that perfect love of the Father. With that secure knowledge of the future, we can cast out fear…the fear of death, the fear of COVID-19, the fear of ridicule, torture, torment. It allows us to be bold in our faith and to stay the course in our walk with the Father and in obedience to His Torah.
With these things in mind, continue to lift one another in prayer. Please lift Jeremy and me before Father YHVH that we make wise decisions with Solel. Pray that even during these times, many eyes will be opened to the knowledge of the truth of the Scriptures.
We are currently meeting weekly. (Visit our Location Page for more information and a map.)
WE ASK THE FOLLOWING OF EVERYONE COMING:
- Please bring masks to wear when you desire to be close together. During the service, we will be practicing social distancing and ask those who come to sit with their families, with each family staying separate from each other. Afterward, we ask that if you mingle with others, that you offer to wear masks in respect and love for one another.
- Please wash your hands, especially if using facilities that are touched often, such as the bathroom. We will provide hand soap for this purpose.
- We ask that you act respectfully towards the facilities provided and think of others in how we act and participate together while using them.
- Above all, if you are in any way thinking you may be running a fever, coughing often, or having any other symptoms of being sick, that you please show love for your fellow brothers and sisters and stay home.
We look forward to seeing you all this summer at Solel Sabbath Fellowship in Perry and rejoicing in the goodness of our Father together as a body.
“Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Master Yeshua the Messiah. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it. Brethren, pray for us” (1 Thessalonians 5:23-25).